Docker is the world’s leading software container platform. Developers use Docker to eliminate “works on my machine” problems when collaborating on code with co-workers. Operators use Docker to run and manage apps side-by-side in isolated containers to get better compute density. Enterprises use Docker to build agile software delivery pipelines to ship new features faster, more securely and with confidence for both Linux and Windows Server apps.
Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.It groups containers that make up an application into logical units for easy management and discovery.
Combo of above two are the best combination of to set up Infra and Orchestrate. almost all companies have started using this platform.
Below are the Course contents we are going to train you on:
Containerization with Docker
- Introduction to Docker
- Docker components
- Docker daemon and services
- Docker Container
- Docker Images
- Docker Volumes
- Docker Networking
- Docker file
- Docker hub (Official docker registry)
- Set up private Docker registry
- Docker useful commands
Orchestration via Kubernetes
- Introduction of Kubernetes.
- Docker and Kubernetes.
- Setup minikube
- Introduction of Pods in Kubernetes
- Deploying and managing pods with controllers (replication controller, replica set, DaemonSet)
- Services in Kubernetes
- Volumes in Kubernetes
- ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Accessing pod metadata and other resources from applications
- Updating applications declaratively (Deployments)
- Understanding Kubernetes internals
- Securing the Kubernetes API server
- Securing Cluster nodes and the network
- Managing pod’s computational resources
- Auto scaling of pods and cluster nodes
- Advance scheduling
- Setting up a multi-node cluster with kubeadm